BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Srinivaskan
Fluorite | Level 6

we have minorissue with SAS backup manager scheduled Backups. The SAS backup manager was scheduled to run daily and it used to run the schedule without any warnings or errors till last week. But suddenly it started finishing the schedule with warnings but metadata,compute and mid tier server scheduled backups are with completed status(green tick mark) on it.

We dont have any clustered environments and all the servers running on windows 2016.

Environments: Metadata server, compute server and Mid tier server.

In SASdeploymentBackup9.4. log, I can see the below error messages:

"com.sas.svcs.backup.dao.BackupServerHelperDAO - Error code: 325, Stack Trace : Status returned by backup server is other than SUCCESS.
com.sas.svcs.backup.dao.BackupServerHelperDAO - Backup server status 325
com.sas.svcs.backup.dao.BackupServerHelperDAO - An error occured while executing the operation on << compute server name>>
com.sas.svcs.backup.spi.BackupSupportServiceProxyImpl - The backup could not be copied or archived to shared Vault.

<<"An error occured while generating checksum">>

I observed CHECKSUM file i.e, "backupsourceDetails.checksum" is not generating on the compute server in result.properties which is in C:\<SAS config>\Backup\Results\<backup folder with date>\archive\, the status code= 325 where as in previous successful backup folders the there is a value for checksum in result.properties and also CHECSUM File "backupsourceDetails.checksum"in successful results folder.

In Metadata and mid-tier, there is a value for checksum and I dont think any issues on these servers.

We have not made any changes in compute servers recently but only restarted the object spawner once due to SASApp issue.

Can anyone please look at my issue and suggest me for any solution.

happy to share if you need any further information.

Thanks,
Srinivas.

9 REPLIES 9
Srinivaskan
Fluorite | Level 6

can anyone look at my post and suggest me to find a solution for the warning issue

alexal
SAS Employee

@Srinivaskan,

I would like to review full SASDeploymentBackup9.4.log. If you are unable to send that file here, please open a SAS Technical Support Track.

Srinivaskan
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for the reply..unfortunately, I dont have permissions to send the full log.

alexal
SAS Employee

@Srinivaskan ,

In this case, you have to work with SAS Technical Support through the track.

Srinivaskan
Fluorite | Level 6

yes i can do but i have added the error log in my post so I thought if anyone suggest me to check before SAS tech Support look into it.

alexal
SAS Employee

@Srinivaskan ,

It is very hard to suggest anything without seeing the log file. I do not want to play guess game.

Srinivaskan
Fluorite | Level 6

@alexal, I agree with you... Thank you so much for responding to my post.

I found something on sas documentation...

Checksum Validation Error

Effective with SAS 9.4M2, the recovery process uses checksums to validate the contents of the specified backup directory against the originally created backup. If the validation fails, a warning message is generated and the recovery is not performed.
Follow these steps to determine the cause of the validation error:
  1. Check the backup directory to determine whether it contains a file called backupsourceDetails.checksum.
    If the file is not present, this means that a checksum calculation error might have occurred during the backup process. In this situation, you can attempt to perform a forced recovery. To do so, specify the forced option in the JSON file for the recovery command.

michele_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Srinivas,

From the message in your SASDeploymentBackup9.4.log the error code (or status code) of 325 is being returned by the Backup Server
which is running on your compute server. I would take a look at the C:\<SAS config>\Backup\backupserver.log on the compute server to see if there are more details about why the Backup Server is returning 325. If you don't find the information you need about the problem in the backupserver.log I recommend you open a track with SAS Technical Support. 

Michele

Srinivaskan
Fluorite | Level 6

@michele_sas ,

Thank you for the Response. I can see below warning message in backupserver.log which is in Computer Server, 

INFO com.sas.svcs.backup.Server.handler.ArchiveHandler  - Calculating checksum for backup : C:\SAS\config\Lev1/Backup/Valut\<backup id>

WARN com.sas.svcs.backup.Server.handler.ArchiveHandler - Error calculating checksum :Java.io.IOException : The System cannot find the path specified .

INFO com.sas.svcs.backup.Server.handler.BackupDriver - Existing Status code:325

Thanks,

Srinivasn.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation