BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Has anybody installed 9.4 BI server on AIX yet?

Does the package supplied by SAS include a web and web application server, or does it need to be provided by the user/administrator?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi Kurt,

I am not sure what you mean about the user/administrator thingy, but SAS 9.4 BI server for AIX should include the Middle tier components, as mentioned on http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikbientsrvofrsr/66645/HTML/default/index.html

DO you have a deployment plan file for your deployment, which includes the middle tier components?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi Kurt,

I am not sure what you mean about the user/administrator thingy, but SAS 9.4 BI server for AIX should include the Middle tier components, as mentioned on http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikbientsrvofrsr/66645/HTML/default/index.html

DO you have a deployment plan file for your deployment, which includes the middle tier components?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Hi!

Thanks for the answer.

I just wanted to check while we are still in the planning phase of our transition to AIX 7 and SAS 9.4.

So the way it looks, I don't have to do apache and jboss on my own any longer.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

ah, now I understand better.

Not apache/jboss at all! Which is great (at least to me). Well, insted, you have vFabric and hyperic and such, which is just another Apache version.

Also, all the build/deploy of the web applications can be done automatically 😉

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation