BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Has anybody installed 9.4 BI server on AIX yet?

Does the package supplied by SAS include a web and web application server, or does it need to be provided by the user/administrator?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi Kurt,

I am not sure what you mean about the user/administrator thingy, but SAS 9.4 BI server for AIX should include the Middle tier components, as mentioned on http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikbientsrvofrsr/66645/HTML/default/index.html

DO you have a deployment plan file for your deployment, which includes the middle tier components?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi Kurt,

I am not sure what you mean about the user/administrator thingy, but SAS 9.4 BI server for AIX should include the Middle tier components, as mentioned on http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikbientsrvofrsr/66645/HTML/default/index.html

DO you have a deployment plan file for your deployment, which includes the middle tier components?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Hi!

Thanks for the answer.

I just wanted to check while we are still in the planning phase of our transition to AIX 7 and SAS 9.4.

So the way it looks, I don't have to do apache and jboss on my own any longer.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

ah, now I understand better.

Not apache/jboss at all! Which is great (at least to me). Well, insted, you have vFabric and hyperic and such, which is just another Apache version.

Also, all the build/deploy of the web applications can be done automatically 😉

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation