BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DanielleCW
Calcite | Level 5

I need to be able to report regularly on data like number of users, jobs run, reports, and dashboards and do so a regular intervals for management's insight into utilization of the SAS systems. I'd like to hear more about what others are reporting and how.

The installs are SAS 9 Grid and Viya 3.3. Select products installed are BI Dashboard, DI Studio, Energy Forecasting, Enterprise Miner, QAS, VA and Workload Orchestrator.

3 REPLIES 3
sagar2
Fluorite | Level 6
We have enabled CPU Usage, lsload , bhosts utilization.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @DanielleCW ,

I like very much the systems you have got, SAS Grid and Viya are a perfect match!

For SAS 9.4 Grid, I would say: 

• If possible, upgrade to latest maintenance to get additional reporting possibilities. As I read you have SWO, I assume you are min in M6. Good!
  • Exploit the usage of SAS Environment Manager and VAAR (you should have it): in SASEVM you can enable the Extended Monitoring (which will expand the data logged in WIP Auditing and provide you with many APM and ACM reports). In VAAR you can enable the VA Auditing and Administration reports - which, of course you can copy and modify (never modify originals) and distribute as PDF.
  • For SWO, the best is to use the RestAPI CLI interfaces: https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.5&docsetId=gridref&docsetTarget=n1mn...
  • Furthermore, if you are interested, you could always query WIP or the SASEVM DataMart to build your own reports

For SAS Viya:

• I strongly recommend to update to 3.5. If you are in Azure you could give a go to Viya 4 (2020.1) 🙂 The improvements could be sang.
  • In SAS Viya you have a multitude of pre-built reports already. You can simply publish some or distribute as PDF.
  • Furthermore, you can always query the internal data of Viya with sas-admin CLI or Rest APIs! https://documentation.sas.com/api/docsets/calcli/3.4/content/calcli.pdf?locale=en

Does it help?

DanielleCW
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, I will look into this when I am back in after the US holiday. 

To clear a couple points: it's currently 9.4M5 and 3.3. There are imminent plans to upgrade with SAS Professional Services handling the 9.4 upgrade to M7 and to be determined who will do the Viya upgrade but there is a good chance I'll be handling that.

Envrionment Manager is one of those products that I used to only ensure was running but otherwise ignored when I worked for SAS Global Hosting so it's interesting to get into it more now (I work for a solutions partner and on contract to a SAS customer.)

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation