BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Yordan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi guys,

I have got the following question if someone can help me or guide me. I read manuals but I do not want something to go on wrong way. I haven`t removed SAS until now.

I have got 9.3 installation on single server with two config levels - 2 and 3 (dev and test respectively). I want to remove lev2 while lev3 keeps running.
What should look like the actions?
1. Remove Existing Configuration
2. Uninstall SAS Software
?

Lev3 must not be affected.
I cannot find detailed explaination for this situation and actions` order. So, please give me advice.

Yordan Novkov

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@Yordan,

Remove Existing Configuration - choose this option to remove configuration content for an existing configuration. Installed products will not be removed. For more information, refer to the “Removing a SAS Configuration” topic in the SAS 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Installation and Configuration Guide located at http://support.sas.com/93administration

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
alexal
SAS Employee

@Yordan,

Remove Existing Configuration - choose this option to remove configuration content for an existing configuration. Installed products will not be removed. For more information, refer to the “Removing a SAS Configuration” topic in the SAS 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Installation and Configuration Guide located at http://support.sas.com/93administration

Yordan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Alexal,

I read the manual.
So, there is no need to uninstall anything and Remove Existing Configuration will be enough?

alexal
SAS Employee

@Yordan,

That's correct.

Yordan
Fluorite | Level 6

@alexal

Thanks for the quick response and information.

alexal
SAS Employee

@Yordan,

You are welcome!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation