BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Yordan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi guys,

I have got the following question if someone can help me or guide me. I read manuals but I do not want something to go on wrong way. I haven`t removed SAS until now.

I have got 9.3 installation on single server with two config levels - 2 and 3 (dev and test respectively). I want to remove lev2 while lev3 keeps running.
What should look like the actions?
1. Remove Existing Configuration
2. Uninstall SAS Software
?

Lev3 must not be affected.
I cannot find detailed explaination for this situation and actions` order. So, please give me advice.

Yordan Novkov

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@Yordan,

Remove Existing Configuration - choose this option to remove configuration content for an existing configuration. Installed products will not be removed. For more information, refer to the “Removing a SAS Configuration” topic in the SAS 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Installation and Configuration Guide located at http://support.sas.com/93administration

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
alexal
SAS Employee

@Yordan,

Remove Existing Configuration - choose this option to remove configuration content for an existing configuration. Installed products will not be removed. For more information, refer to the “Removing a SAS Configuration” topic in the SAS 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Installation and Configuration Guide located at http://support.sas.com/93administration

Yordan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Alexal,

I read the manual.
So, there is no need to uninstall anything and Remove Existing Configuration will be enough?

alexal
SAS Employee

@Yordan,

That's correct.

Yordan
Fluorite | Level 6

@alexal

Thanks for the quick response and information.

alexal
SAS Employee

@Yordan,

You are welcome!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation