BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

We're looking at doing some regular backups on our SAS system, as we now have space to backup files across the servers, rather than just the metadata backup.

We're on a linux system, and just wondering are these the two main folders that need to be backed up regularly across all servers (compute, mid-tier, metadata)? Do other SAS Administrators do regular VM snapshots or physical backups?

/sas/sashome
/sas/sasconf

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @titan31 

If you can do regular cold backups, I think it would suffice. If you have the option for VM snapshots then I think it's good to have. Usually for non-prod environments, I go with the cold backups only for SAS binaries and configuration files as you have mentioned. For prod, we do have VM snapshots.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation