BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FK1
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 FK1
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Everyone,

can someone enlighten me, as of why the Flow Editor is not being installed, when setting up Platform Suite for SAS including SAS Process Manager?

pic_flow_editor.JPG

 Reading the PM User's Guide from IBM,

pm_uguide.JPG

 it states, that there are THREE applications:

parts_of_process_manager.JPG

I know, that flows are created by using the Schedule Manager Tab in SMC. But why can I not alternatively choose LSF Flow Editor?

Cheers,

FK1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FK1
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank's everyone for your responses. I finally called SAS Tech Support and asked them. It turns out that the SAS OEM LSF License does NOT INCLUDE Flow Editor

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @FK1 ,

the client application is in the software depot, just together within the Process Manager installers. It can be installed, you only have to do it 🙂

FK1
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Oh, okay. But in a standard installation it is not being installed because the Scheduling Plug-in in SMC is being preferred as Flow editing tool?
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

So far as I know, they are not exclusive. You design and publish/schedule flows through SAS management console, but then use Flow Manager to monitor and control them.

FK1
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yes, that is, how we do it in our environment. But my question was, whether you could also use IBM LSF Flow Editor instead of SAS management console plug-in in order to design and publish/schedule flows??

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I believe that Flow Manager included with the SAS Depot is a special version designed to be used with SAS environments. There's no way to design and create flows in Flow Manager directly, that I'm aware of.
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

In my environment, which is on Linux x64, we installed Process Manager with the pm10.2_sas_lnx26-x64.tar file under <sas depot>/third_party/Platform_Process_Manager/10_11/Linux_for_x64 folder.

However, for Flow Manager and Calendar Editor, there is a separate client installer called "pm10.2_clt_sas_lnx26-x64.tar.Z".

I use the Windows version (pm10.2_pinstall_sas_client_win64.msi) in  <sas depot>/third_party/Platform_Process_Manager/10_11/Microsoft_Windows_for_x64

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

SAS has OEM license with IBM for using LSF components. It has limited functionality available to use. You can always license full version from IBM if required to use other components.

FK1
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hi Anand_V,

do I understand this correctly, that the OEM License does not include Flow Editor?
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
AFAIK you only get flowmanager and caleditor as part of Platform Suite for SAS.
You can verify the binaries installed on server at location <LSF_TOP>/pm/10.1(change if you have a different version)/bin
FK1
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank's everyone for your responses. I finally called SAS Tech Support and asked them. It turns out that the SAS OEM LSF License does NOT INCLUDE Flow Editor

FK1
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yes, the Folw Editor binary file is missing....

list_pm_binaries.JPG

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation