BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kcoley
Fluorite | Level 6
Does anyone no what server configuration files sas viya data explorer use? Apparently it does not read the same files as studio. Data explorer is unable to find my ODBC drivers while studio connects. It is a new install and im running a linux environment
5 REPLIES 5
kcoley
Fluorite | Level 6
I have not. I just looked over it. Do you no if Data Connector to ODBC is licensed separately or is it the same as SAS/ACCESS to ODBC?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@kcoley  - AFAIK, Viya comes with a bundle of connectors to common external databases as part of a standard package. I don't believe they are priced separately. Someone from SAS might like to confirm. 

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
SAS Data Connector reference in SAS is now as a casLib. IMHO License wise it should be the same.
kcoley
Fluorite | Level 6
Okay. Would you happen to have a configuration document for Data Connector? It looks like that is what is not working and i dont remember ever configuring that. I did do acess to odbc and that connects fine.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation