BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nithin
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I want to use object spawner (on machine A) to start workspace server sessions on other machines (machine B, C etc.) based on work load on other machines.

I do not want to have any workspace servers on machine A.

Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

You need an object spawner on every machine which hosts a workspace server (or stored process server or pooled workspace server).  That means machines B and C will need one.  You'll use load balancing in order to distribute requests from a parent object spawner to a child object spawner.  There's a description of this in the Application Server Administration Guide at:

http://supportprod.unx.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biasag/62612/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n07001intel...

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Nithin
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply Mark.

Yes, I understand machine B & C need an object spawner too. Can we limit the object spawner(on machine A) to not start any workspace server sessions on machine A & always distribute workload to machine B, C etc?

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

If you're using the cost algorithm for load balancing, I believe you could set the maximum cost on machine A to 0, which should effectively eliminate it from consideration in launching workspace servers.  See:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biasag/62612/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n07031intelplatform...

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Mark_ABS
Calcite | Level 5

Yes. From my understanding If there is no workspace server defined to machine A then it would not start one. The object spawner would only communicate with the object spawner on Machine B or C.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation