BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nithin
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I want to use object spawner (on machine A) to start workspace server sessions on other machines (machine B, C etc.) based on work load on other machines.

I do not want to have any workspace servers on machine A.

Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

You need an object spawner on every machine which hosts a workspace server (or stored process server or pooled workspace server).  That means machines B and C will need one.  You'll use load balancing in order to distribute requests from a parent object spawner to a child object spawner.  There's a description of this in the Application Server Administration Guide at:

http://supportprod.unx.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biasag/62612/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n07001intel...

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Nithin
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply Mark.

Yes, I understand machine B & C need an object spawner too. Can we limit the object spawner(on machine A) to not start any workspace server sessions on machine A & always distribute workload to machine B, C etc?

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

If you're using the cost algorithm for load balancing, I believe you could set the maximum cost on machine A to 0, which should effectively eliminate it from consideration in launching workspace servers.  See:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biasag/62612/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n07031intelplatform...

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Mark_ABS
Calcite | Level 5

Yes. From my understanding If there is no workspace server defined to machine A then it would not start one. The object spawner would only communicate with the object spawner on Machine B or C.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation