BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nithin
Calcite | Level 5

I have several WRS reports (around 500) to be deleted as content administrator. Is there a way to automate reports deletion using SAS Management console (or) any other tool?

5 REPLIES 5
Nithin
Calcite | Level 5

Tried clearing content directly on SAS content server location. That did not remove SAS Metadata entries. I am looking for a way to manage SAS BI contents WRS reports/ Stored process etc using some script/batch tool if possible?

shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Nithin,

You can delete the folders from metadata where reports are saved.If you want to use the utility for deleting the reports which are published from metadata or in a webdav repository, I think you can use Package Cleanup Utility(more information you can get from SAS 9.2 Intelligence Platform).

Thanks,

Shiva

Nithin
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the tip Shiva.. But "Package Cleanup" utility cleans only published report packages.

I am looking for an utility/ easy process to delete WRS reports files.

Walsh
Calcite | Level 5

Take a look at the SCS Admin Console, it's accessed by a URL like: http://<MACHINENAME>:8080/SASContentServer/dircontents.jsp

Nithin
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the suggestion Walsh. I tried using SAS Content server web console to delete reports (srx files), but it does not remove corresponding metadata entry (was able to still see the report in metadata console).

-Nithin.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation