BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I'm currently on a project that is migrating our SAS environment from Windows non distributed VA to Linux distributed VA. 

I'm having an issue with loading the tables into LASR for the first time, as it won't allow me to do it via the administration page on VA (either reload, or delete and load). The partner we're working with has said to import them via the data builder tool, and I've done that, but it seems kind of crazy that that's the option as whilst we have a lot of datasets, I'd imagine some companies have hundreds so to do each dataset manually like that would take forever. 

It's also after creating a load of Visual Data Query files in the folder which we never have had on the Windows environment. 

Can anyone tell me is this the correct way to do have done this for a first time load, or was there a proper automated way of doing it?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @titan31 

You can use SAS Visual Analytics Administrator to load or reload tables to the SAS LASR Analytic Server, or to unload tables.

What is the issue you are facing when you load?

titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Atm, if I try to unload data, it tells me

ERROR: Failed to load analytic extension for the distributed computing environment.
ERROR: Unable to send machine list to

If I try to reload, it tells me data is already loaded. 

When I was trying to load originally, it just said couldn't find data source, so I was told by the externals we're working with to import via the VA data builder, however that took a long time and I'm not sure it's worked correctly, as can't view a lot of reports, and it's after creating a load of Visual Data Query objects in the folder that when I try to delete, I get Exception occurred deleting Visual Data Query '' Reason: 404 null.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
ERROR: Failed to load analytic extension for the distributed computing environment.
ERROR: Unable to send machine list to

The Error you have shared looks exactly similar like example 2 in the KB link which is problem with passwordless SSH setup for the LASR server nodes. The shared KB link also have the solution to this problem, which I think you should try.

titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

So I managed to delete them by using a different account, but still getting an issue on reloading or loading them. 

If I try and reload, I get Not processed(not reloadable), and if I try and load in I get Load table failed, library.tablename.DATA does not exist.
-

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation