BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
David_paul
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear All,

Could you please advise how to collect of list of ports which sas are using in current environment.

We are going to migrate the sas server into new location where we have to copy all the sas files/confg from old to new server.

If we have list of all the ports which are in old env than we are in position to send list of ports to network team to open in new env.

One simple method which I know, to get all these ports from instruction.html files but I need all the ports from source to destination details with ports. Is there any script to get all these details.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Usually I don't see firewalls between server to server communication. For entry of user requests via SAS clients would be to metadata server default at 8561 and for web applications default at 8343.

In the instructions.html file you will find information only on the port used by particular server/service.

While the link I shared earlier do list the data direction for the default ports which can help you plan better.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

All recent SAS server builds I've been involved with have included a list of SAS-used ports as part of the design documentation. Was this not done in your case?

It would be worth asking SAS for a default port list for your particular design so you make sure nothing is missed.

Poking around in SAS Management Console for all defined port numbers would be a good starting point. 

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @David_paul 

AFAIK there is no OOTB script available to fetch this information. You can use the default list available in the install and config guide: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=biig&docsetTarget=n02027intelplatform00install.htm&docsetVer...

If the ports at your site were customized during install and config then instructions.html is the best place to find this information.

David_paul
Obsidian | Level 7

@Anand_V 

Thanks for reply.

One more question, how we can identified source and destination details of various ports defined in instruction.html? 

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Usually I don't see firewalls between server to server communication. For entry of user requests via SAS clients would be to metadata server default at 8561 and for web applications default at 8343.

In the instructions.html file you will find information only on the port used by particular server/service.

While the link I shared earlier do list the data direction for the default ports which can help you plan better.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@David_paul - I suggest you get a list of firewall rules that are applied to your SAS servers from your network guys. These will define the allowable traffic. If you really want to know where your SAS network traffic is going then using a network analysis tool is the only way. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation