BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kcpython
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, how do I cap the maximum amount of jobs a user can run across the whole grid at the same time without having to send the person to a different queue? Right now, we are using the normal queue for everything. 

8 REPLIES 8
woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

if you using RTM -> when you click on your "configuration" (whatever name you gave) and go to "batch users" -> click on "Add" and then you can provide username and x number of jobs you want...for "max jobs" option,,,

hope this helps,

kcpython
Obsidian | Level 7

We were advised to not use RTM.  I do everything via command line and editing configs. Do you know how I can do this on the command line? 

woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

not sure but look out for lsb.users configuration file - I think you can use it to configure

AndrewHowell

Curious to know why you can't use RTM..

Anyway, I think the setting you want is UJOB_LIMIT - the maximum job slots per user in a queue.

I think it is found/set in the queue options in $LSFCONFIG/conf/lsbatch/cluster_XYZ/configdir/lsb.queues

kcpython
Obsidian | Level 7

I was advised not to use RTM because it was being discontinued. 

UJOB_LIMIT will work, but I was looking for a universal rule across all queues.

Thank you.

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

curious as well about the RTM.

Are you using the Grid Manager module in SAS Environment Manager?

Using either RTM or the Grid Manager module in SAS Environment Manager can make

administering your Grid a bit easier.

Thanks

Anja

kcpython
Obsidian | Level 7

I was told RTM was being discontinued. I am using the Grid Manager module in SAS Environment Manager.

Jackie_sas
SAS Employee

I believe what you want is the Per-user job slot limit.  In the Grid Manager module it is under Batch Hosts on the Advanced tab.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation