BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
clintontull
Calcite | Level 5

I would like to setup the working paths on our new distributed environment to use paths that have large enough storage and want to adjust sasuser and work dirs as specified.

i dont want any data in /home/userid

-work /sasdata/work/$USERSID

-sasuser /sasdata/Users/$USERID

How do i make this happen.

I have tried !USERNAME and $USER and no luck.

keep getting errors.

[Error] The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible WORK library.

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type: SAS.EG.SDS.SDSException
SAS Message: [Error] The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible WORK library.

Raw Message: <?xml version="1.0" ?><Exceptions><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible WORK library.</SASMessage></Exception></Exceptions>
Source: SAS.EG.SDS.Model
Target Site: SASWorkspace

Stack Trace:
at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.Server.SASWorkspace(Boolean checkWorkspace)
at SAS.EG.SDS.Views.View.DoPopulate(DisplayOperation& op)

Inner Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type: SAS.EC.Directory.Model.SDSException
SAS Message: [Error] The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible WORK library.

Raw Message: <?xml version="1.0" ?><Exceptions><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible WORK library.</SASMessage></Exception></Exceptions>
Source: EC.Directory
Target Site: Connect

1 REPLY 1
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

$USER should get you the username. Be aware that those directories need to exist before SAS starts for a given user; the WORK directory for the individual session will then be created as a subdirectory of that location.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation