BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SKKUsoohongpark
Calcite | Level 5

Keep getting some kind of crash while opening SAS 9.4 (Windows 7 professional 32bit)

Installation didn't show any error sign but whenever i open SAS, the 'editor' appears to be in full black, colored black

i can write down codes and run (only few lines) which i can't see cuz the background is in black and can't erase or do something complecated

tools - options - enhanced editor... -->> ?? ?? ???? ?????. kind of message

when i open in different language it says smthing like ': internal application program error'

how can i solve this out?? ive reinstalled software many times and still getting this issue

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

In tools preferences there should be an option to customize editor, including background colour. 

Also, you're using 64 bit SAS I assume? 

Reeza
Super User

In tools preferences there should be an option to customize editor, including background colour. 

Also, you're using 64 bit SAS I assume? 

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

what SAS 9.4 maintenance release are you running, and what SP for Win 7?

Thanks

Anja

Zbigniew
Calcite | Level 5

I would like to say that exactly the same situation takes place in the case of my instalation of SAS 9.4 on Lenovo MIIX 700 with Windows 10 64 bit. Fortunately, you can go to Tools->Options->Preferences->Edit and uncheck the box 'Use Enhanced Editor'. But this solution only partly solves the problem because in fact I want to use some features of Enhanced Editor. Below, the SAS info obtained from the help menu:

SAS_info.jpg

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation