BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Samrat07
Fluorite | Level 6
I am facing a problem where my job flow is not visible on SAS Management Console though it was previously there and whenever I am trying to open it shows an error that empty flow cannot be scheduled though its flow is still running on process manager .
Is there any method to recover the lost flow in SAS MC ?
I already tried login into it but is is still showing the same error .
5 REPLIES 5
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

HI @Samrat07 

You should check with SAS Admin at your site for any recent changes to metadata or any update/repair activities that might have caused this. If there are any old .SPK packages you can use that to import it back or from any lower environments you can do an export/import.

There is also an option to recover from your past metadata backups, however that would mean you will loose the metadata updates till the point you are going to restore from, so would advise to work with admin on best approach suited for your case.

Samrat07
Fluorite | Level 6
No SAS admin in my company so I have to take care of it also SAS MC is new to me so any help would be great ..
Is there any way in which I could recover the job flow.?
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Samrat07 

First step would be to check when was the object deleted. You can check this in SAS Metadata server log files. If the object was deleted long ago, then my suggestion would be to re-create it or import it back from lower environments. Restoring metadata can make you loose changes done from today till the date you are going to restore from. I hope you understand the consequence. 

cd /sasconfig/Lev1/SASMeta/MetadataServer/Logs
grep -i "delete" *

If you still think it's the best way to go, I would advise you to raise a support track with technical support so they can guide you step by step as per you environment. For your reference, I am sharing the document link for you to understand the process. 

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=bicdc&cdcVersion=9.4&docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=p0i62ly9w7d...

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What scheduler are you using? If it is LSF then you can check job flows in Platform Process Manager.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Samrat07 ,

I agree with @Anand_V approach if you need to understand who and when deleted the metadata of the scheduled job.

In any case, just to answer your question:

- it is possible to delete remove a job schedule just from the metadata, and hence not removed from your Job Scheduler (in your case, LSF/Process Manager). 

- when one wants to remove an scheduled job, first it must be unscheduled. Otherwise, as stated above, you would only delete the metadata, removing the link between the SAS-managed job, and the physically scheduled job.

- In order to resolve this issue, your only solution is to re-schedule the job. But then, you might lose its history. you might want to backup the Process Manager's history for this job, before actually un-scheduling it from Process Manager.

Optionally, you could restore the history of the current scheduled job (Process Manager) into the new scheduled job, by editing and adding the "xml" (history), but I would recommend against that, as it is not supported. Instead, I suggest to just keep the old job's historic file and query it when needed - if you need it at all.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation