BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MJ
Calcite | Level 5 MJ
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I 'd like to install EV on our app server without any midtier server. Does anyone knows what components are required for EV to be functional ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The mid-tier server is memory intensive but not processor-intensive, except when starting, and not IO intensive. I would suggest having at least 32GB memory as a mid-tier server can use over half of this.

If you are going to add a mid-tier I recommend you get SAS Studio too - there is no extra cost. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS EV requires a SAS mid-tier server to run on. Only the EV agent runs on the SAS App server.

You could install a SAS mid-tier server on your physical SAS App server but it would not be best practice to do so. 

MJ
Calcite | Level 5 MJ
Calcite | Level 5

How resource extensive is mid-tier server if we take advantage of only EV on it ( with reports, alerts, ,,) and not the portals ?

Thanks,

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The mid-tier server is memory intensive but not processor-intensive, except when starting, and not IO intensive. I would suggest having at least 32GB memory as a mid-tier server can use over half of this.

If you are going to add a mid-tier I recommend you get SAS Studio too - there is no extra cost. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation