BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MJ
Calcite | Level 5 MJ
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I 'd like to install EV on our app server without any midtier server. Does anyone knows what components are required for EV to be functional ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The mid-tier server is memory intensive but not processor-intensive, except when starting, and not IO intensive. I would suggest having at least 32GB memory as a mid-tier server can use over half of this.

If you are going to add a mid-tier I recommend you get SAS Studio too - there is no extra cost. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS EV requires a SAS mid-tier server to run on. Only the EV agent runs on the SAS App server.

You could install a SAS mid-tier server on your physical SAS App server but it would not be best practice to do so. 

MJ
Calcite | Level 5 MJ
Calcite | Level 5

How resource extensive is mid-tier server if we take advantage of only EV on it ( with reports, alerts, ,,) and not the portals ?

Thanks,

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The mid-tier server is memory intensive but not processor-intensive, except when starting, and not IO intensive. I would suggest having at least 32GB memory as a mid-tier server can use over half of this.

If you are going to add a mid-tier I recommend you get SAS Studio too - there is no extra cost. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation