BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
abhijit_das
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I have a requirement to migrate users,groups and roles in my organization from SAS 9.2 with operating system as AIX to SAS 9.4 with operating system as Linux.

Can you please help with the ways, either by export wizard from 9.2 SMC or code.

Regards,

Abhijit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

If you are not used with migrations, I would recommend you to sue SMU, before manual promotion. It will be easier and quicker for you. This will migrate users, miner projects, almost everything in one go. EG projects you will need to migrate with the EG migration wizard.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @abhijit_das,

the migration of metadata security (users, groups, servers, acts) it is almost transparent between operating systems.

Please see: https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/How-to-migrate-user-groups-from-SAS-9-2...

In case the OS domain or username ids change, then it is a different story, but if the users and the domain will be the same, you can just migrate "as is".

abhijit_das
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Juan for the reply.

We will keep the domain as it is from the source server. Could you please recommend the effective way, either SMU or macro code.

Regards,

Abhijit

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

What is the SAS solution you are going to migrate? I generally prefer the partial promotion, but SMU is interesting sometimes, and other times it is a must, because the solution requires to use it.

abhijit_das
Fluorite | Level 6

We dont use any solutions as such..we just use base sas, EG and EM in 9.2

Regards,

Abhijit

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

If you are not used with migrations, I would recommend you to sue SMU, before manual promotion. It will be easier and quicker for you. This will migrate users, miner projects, almost everything in one go. EG projects you will need to migrate with the EG migration wizard.

abhijit_das
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot Juan.

Much appreciated!!

Cheers,

Abhijit

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation