BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JohnJPS
Quartz | Level 8

I'm in SAS Mangement Console, Environment Manager > Server Manager > SASAppOA

Under there, I right-clicked "SASAppOA - Logical Workspace Server" and selected "Validate"

I am pushing two hours.  Is that normal, or is just spinning and unlikely to finish?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It should normally only take seconds. All it does it launch/connect to a SAS Workspace Server instance then run some simple code as a test. If it is taking minutes/hours then something is wrong. I would:

• Check the SAS Object Spawner log file to see if you can see the incoming connection and the attempt to launch the server, checking for errors and/or warnings.
  • Check the SAS Management Console error log to see if there are any stack traces.
  • Verify the load/activity on the machine(s) running the SASAppOA app server.
  • Verify your connectivity from the machine running SAS Management Console to the machine(s) running the SASAppOA app server.

Is this a SAS Grid-based installation?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi there @JohnJPS,

in case that "pushing" means "waiting" then it is not normal, otherwise we might need additional info about what "pushing" means.

A similar validation to that one, and normalli providing additional info, would be if you go to the host that has the SASAppOA, then go to Config/LevX/SASAppOA/WorkspaceServer and execute WorkspaceServer.bat or .sh, and read the logs.

JohnJPS
Quartz | Level 8

Sorry... yes, my wait is pushing two hours. Thanks for the tips.

Any damage to anything if I simply stop my Management Console task?

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It should normally only take seconds. All it does it launch/connect to a SAS Workspace Server instance then run some simple code as a test. If it is taking minutes/hours then something is wrong. I would:

• Check the SAS Object Spawner log file to see if you can see the incoming connection and the attempt to launch the server, checking for errors and/or warnings.
  • Check the SAS Management Console error log to see if there are any stack traces.
  • Verify the load/activity on the machine(s) running the SASAppOA app server.
  • Verify your connectivity from the machine running SAS Management Console to the machine(s) running the SASAppOA app server.

Is this a SAS Grid-based installation?

JohnJPS
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the tips.  Will certainly follow up on these as well. It is not a grid install, although we do have a very small (two node) cluster.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If it's not grid then it should be a little easier to diagnose. As a 2 machine load balanced cluster then I would check SAS Object Spawner logs on both machines. The 2 spawners will also need to talk to each other to share load info and so I should also check the connectivity between the 2 machines - e.g. any firewall software blocking ports.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation