BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

I am using model manager i SAS Viya. I have created some projects, and added some tags in the properties pane. But how can I utilize those tags? I would assume they could be used to filter or sort projects or something? I have added the tags column to the model manages projects pane, but I can't search for tags, filter by tag, or even sort by tag. Is this just a text column? Or am i missing something?

Would be really useful if I could filter by tag. 

5 REPLIES 5
pink_poodle
Barite | Level 11
Tags are simple strings that you can associate with object instances, in order to manage content.
Navigate to Settings ➤ Search Tags to see the global tag lists. Existing tags are displayed in the table with the number of objects each tag is associated with.
Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

Navigate to the Viya Settings under my profile in the upper right corner? Or some other settings in Model Manager? I could not find any other settings. In any case, I don't see any where to search tags. I have the following under settings:

Global

General

Region and Language

Accessibility

SAS Model Manager

Repositories

Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

Is it possible to search via the settings you mentioned? The article you linked to states:

"At this time in the user interface, you can add a new tag name, but there is not currently a way to perform the following actions:

• Search for items that have a designated tag
  • Update an existing tag name
  • Delete an existing tag name."

I am struggling to see what the use case is for tags if all you can do is perform a search via the API

pink_poodle
Barite | Level 11
Well, it was posted about a year ago (fairly recent), so probably haven't developed those capabilities yet.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation