BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
becerrag
Calcite | Level 5

I am new to SAS.  I have a MacBook and I'd like to use SAS Ent. Miner.  After chatting with our SAS administrator, we decided to give it a try.   I installed a couple of required certificates on my cacerts file within the JRE as many forums recommend.

When running SAS Miner with the debugger/console, I notice that there is still a handshake problem.

Could not access HTTP invoker remote service at [our.company.sas.url]

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I am sure I am not the first crazy person to try and run SAS Miner on a MacBook.  Any suggestions as to how to proceed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @becerrag 

Are you launching e-miner using the main.jnlp file? Did you try to launch it using command line so that we are sure its using the same jre where the certificates are imported?

sample steps here - http://javatechniques.com/blog/launching-java-webstart-from-the-command-line/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
I don't know how to fix your problem but I know that historically, and it's been a while, I was able to get it working on my Macbook. It's not officially supported however.
becerrag
Calcite | Level 5

How did you get it working?  Besides of copying certificates to the cacerts file within the JRE, what else did you do?

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @becerrag 

Are you launching e-miner using the main.jnlp file? Did you try to launch it using command line so that we are sure its using the same jre where the certificates are imported?

sample steps here - http://javatechniques.com/blog/launching-java-webstart-from-the-command-line/

becerrag
Calcite | Level 5

😕 I was loading the paths on the incorrect security/carcerts file (jdk and not the jre folder).   Thank you for the tip.  Got it running.  Thanks.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation