BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tpr
Obsidian | Level 7 tpr
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm trying to install Enterprise Guide on a new server from my SAS 9.4 TS1M5 depot. I originally installed from that depot as standalone, not client/server, and I have applied hot fixes to that server. When I try to install from the same depot, I get a message that the Security Certificate Framework is older on the depot than in the installation folder on the new server.

How do I apply hot fixes to the depot itself? I've run the "Manage this depot" and chose to retrieve hot fixes, so it downloaded those but I can't find a doc on how to apply it to the depot. I created a new depot from the one with the hot fixes, but it just created the same directory structure with the hot fix zip files in the hotfixes folder.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

Thanks for sharing the snaps. It helps to better understand the problem. Did you do any updates or changes to SASHome for whatever reason, may be like applying hot-fix or added any products later after the installation? The could be the reason your SASHome is at a different version from that of your depot. 

Since it only gives an error for an particular software what you can try to do is compare the version of this particular component "SAS Security Certificate Framework" in the depot versus the one installed currently. You can find this info in the ordersummary.html file in your depot eg path: /<your-file-system-path-to-depot>/install_doc/<your-site-order-number>/

If the version is different and SASHome has latest version when compared to the depot, you will have to request for a new depot with the updated files. I am not sure if this particular component can be removed independently and added again. This is something you should check with SAS TS for the best way to solve this. If this is only a client installation then probably doing a reinstall would not be much of a task.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
sandeeppajni2
Obsidian | Level 7

Better to ask SAS team itself to provide a new depot with latest hotfixes and guidance.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you have downloaded hot fixes then you would have to install EG using the SAS Deployment Wizard rather than any standalone installs so the hot fixes also get installed.

tpr
Obsidian | Level 7 tpr
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks. I had run setup, and that brought up Deployment Manager. I haven't tried a standalone installation because I haven't been able to find one.

AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @tpr 

If you are trying to apply hot-fixes to your EG client which you have installed as standalone then why do you need to use the depot? You can place your hot-fixes in the SASHOME directory, launch the SDM wizard and apply the hot-fix. If you are trying to apply hot-fixes to you server binaries, you can do the same.

Hot-fixes are applied to SASHOME binaries and some to configuration files as well depending on the fix. You don't apply it to the depot.

tpr
Obsidian | Level 7 tpr
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, Anand. I realize my post was a little confusing. I understand the hotfix process on the standalone servers and have been doing that regularly for years. I have also successfully run setup from my depot in the past to add Enterprise Guide or a new language.

The problem I'm having on this new server is that when I try to install Enterprise Guide from my software depot by running setup, after I choose "Install SAS Software" and the installer finds my current installation, it stops with an error message that my current installation is newer than the what I have in my order (depot). This is the same SAS9.4 TS1M5 depot I used to install SAS, so that seems like an odd message. I've attached screenshots in the word doc.

tpr
Obsidian | Level 7 tpr
Obsidian | Level 7
Sorry, I meant to add that I only ask about applying hot fixes to the depot because the error message gives me the impression that the depot needs to be updated, but I guess there's no process for that. I'll probably need to remove SAS and reinstall, but I've never had an installation problem like this with SAS.
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

Thanks for sharing the snaps. It helps to better understand the problem. Did you do any updates or changes to SASHome for whatever reason, may be like applying hot-fix or added any products later after the installation? The could be the reason your SASHome is at a different version from that of your depot. 

Since it only gives an error for an particular software what you can try to do is compare the version of this particular component "SAS Security Certificate Framework" in the depot versus the one installed currently. You can find this info in the ordersummary.html file in your depot eg path: /<your-file-system-path-to-depot>/install_doc/<your-site-order-number>/

If the version is different and SASHome has latest version when compared to the depot, you will have to request for a new depot with the updated files. I am not sure if this particular component can be removed independently and added again. This is something you should check with SAS TS for the best way to solve this. If this is only a client installation then probably doing a reinstall would not be much of a task.

Hope this helps!

tpr
Obsidian | Level 7 tpr
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks. I looked at the ordersummary file from the depot, and the Security Certificate Framework version there is 9.49556, so definitely older than the one installed on the server. Maybe a hotfix updated the cert on the server. Anyway, I'm waiting for a copy of TS1M7, so I'll probably just reinstall the whole thing.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation