BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Dear All,

We are using the AIX environment. I noticed we are having same schema name in DB2 and SAS compute server. Do we need same user ID in compute server in order to connect to DB2?

I can see we are using the xyz schema in BD2 and same ID we are using in compute server. Please advise?

2 REPLIES 2
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @japsas100 

Usually DB's have their own auth domain defined in SAS i.e. you will need an ID that is created in the database and can authenticate against it. It can be of same name that's not an issue, however the password could differ. You can check with your DBA about it.

It's always better to try and connect from outside of SAS using DB client to confirm as well.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Whenever one is accessing any table in an external database, the password defined in the external database
However if the external table is defined  as a table in the metadata server then the database password would exist in the metadata server .
Then you may not need the password.
There could be exceptions,

The SAS Administrator (and DBA) would be the first  first person to reach out..

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation