BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Micheal_S
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I created new group in SAS metadata using "User Manager" from SMC but when i am trying to see this particular group in SAS IDP page sharing its not available in dropdown. 

Why this new group is not listed in SAS Information Delivery Portal? thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
anja
SAS Employee

Hi Mike,

what version of SAS are you running?

In order for new groups to be available in IDP, the group has to be created in the portal permission tree.

Depending on which version of SAS you are using, steps might change.

Thanks

Anja

Micheal_S
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Anja,

I am currently using SAS 9.4 version.

Thanks

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Mike,

I remembered that the documentation includes a section that explains when Portal Permissions Trees are created (usually automatically). Have a look at the How Permission Tree Folders Are Created section on the Managing Portal Permission Trees in Metadata page in the SAS® 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Web Application Administration Guide

Restarting the SAS Web Application Server is usually something we want to avoid, so the simpler option is to log on to the portal as a portal administrator. Unless you have made yourself a portal administrator, then log on as the default portal administrator (sastrust@saspw or sasadm@saspw depending on the version you have - see SAS Usage Note 50288: Understanding changes to the Portal Administrator account in SAS® Information ...).

ronan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

On a 9.2TS2M3 EBI, we ran across a similar issue caused by some invisible characters sequence (<Tab> ?) trailing the Group Names in metadata :

eg. somethinhg like    IdentityGroup@Name = MyUserGroup<TAB>

Our group bulk loading script in metadata was buggy somehow since it didn't filter out enough the Name value (coming from some Datasets not properly cleaned, I guess). 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation