BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

hello friends,

we are running sas 9.4 on linux redhat - having grid environment with around 16 nodes. wanted to know how can i identify what daemons are running on metadata server and each grid node? Thank you...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @woo

You can find all the LSF Deamons by using grep - your LSF Mount Point.
If you are logged in as LSF administrator you can do echo $LSF_TOP to find out the mount point where your LSF has been configured then grep that path on the machine - ps -ef | grep -i "Path of $LSF_TOP"

For all the LSF Deamons you can and their purpose you can check this link out - 

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSWRJV_10.1.0/lsf_users_guide/daemons_about.html

There is NO consolidated sas.servers script for these deamons however you can use EGO to start/stop them. In case you use to start/stop them directly use commands like badmin & lsadmin.

Hope this helps.

Anand!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
maheshtalla
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

usually below are the demons running. May be you can grep with below names to find..

on LFS server: LIM, PIM, RES, PEM, Sbatchd

on LSF Master: including above + MBD, MBSCHD & VEMKD

woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
thank you Maheshtalla - what would be the script name for all these daemons though...? and usually where to find (may be default location?)....
maheshtalla
Quartz | Level 8

I don't think there will be common script for all these demons combined, since they are all individual services and configured to respective locations.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @woo

You can find all the LSF Deamons by using grep - your LSF Mount Point.
If you are logged in as LSF administrator you can do echo $LSF_TOP to find out the mount point where your LSF has been configured then grep that path on the machine - ps -ef | grep -i "Path of $LSF_TOP"

For all the LSF Deamons you can and their purpose you can check this link out - 

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSWRJV_10.1.0/lsf_users_guide/daemons_about.html

There is NO consolidated sas.servers script for these deamons however you can use EGO to start/stop them. In case you use to start/stop them directly use commands like badmin & lsadmin.

Hope this helps.

Anand!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation