BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
woo
Barite | Level 11 woo
Barite | Level 11

hello friends,

we are running sas 9.4 on linux redhat - having grid environment with around 16 nodes. wanted to know how can i identify what daemons are running on metadata server and each grid node? Thank you...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @woo

You can find all the LSF Deamons by using grep - your LSF Mount Point.
If you are logged in as LSF administrator you can do echo $LSF_TOP to find out the mount point where your LSF has been configured then grep that path on the machine - ps -ef | grep -i "Path of $LSF_TOP"

For all the LSF Deamons you can and their purpose you can check this link out - 

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSWRJV_10.1.0/lsf_users_guide/daemons_about.html

There is NO consolidated sas.servers script for these deamons however you can use EGO to start/stop them. In case you use to start/stop them directly use commands like badmin & lsadmin.

Hope this helps.

Anand!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
maheshtalla
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

usually below are the demons running. May be you can grep with below names to find..

on LFS server: LIM, PIM, RES, PEM, Sbatchd

on LSF Master: including above + MBD, MBSCHD & VEMKD

woo
Barite | Level 11 woo
Barite | Level 11
thank you Maheshtalla - what would be the script name for all these daemons though...? and usually where to find (may be default location?)....
maheshtalla
Quartz | Level 8

I don't think there will be common script for all these demons combined, since they are all individual services and configured to respective locations.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @woo

You can find all the LSF Deamons by using grep - your LSF Mount Point.
If you are logged in as LSF administrator you can do echo $LSF_TOP to find out the mount point where your LSF has been configured then grep that path on the machine - ps -ef | grep -i "Path of $LSF_TOP"

For all the LSF Deamons you can and their purpose you can check this link out - 

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSWRJV_10.1.0/lsf_users_guide/daemons_about.html

There is NO consolidated sas.servers script for these deamons however you can use EGO to start/stop them. In case you use to start/stop them directly use commands like badmin & lsadmin.

Hope this helps.

Anand!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation