BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ashasupriya
Obsidian | Level 7

I had no options to export or import the packages in SAS Enterprise Guide to migrate from test to dev environment. Then my research led me to missing logical types that could be the reason. I tried to install the additional SAS software by selecting those logical types. But now I have a different issue" Content Mapping was unable to connect to the host. Check content mapping configuration.". Can someone please help me troubleshoot this situation. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @ashasupriya ,

indeed the first message indicated that you had to install the public logical types in the SAS Metadata server. Have you reconfigured (SAS Deployment Manager) after that? Some components, such as the SAS metadata server, need to pick up the new types.

The second and current error points us to an underlying issue with your SAS Content Server. Is the SAS Mid-tier up and validated through SAS Management Console?

This guide might give you a good hand: https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/sas-9-4-content-server-troubleshooter.pdf

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @ashasupriya 

Which packages are you promoting? Is it a .spk file generated from SAS metadata?

Usually this error occurs when there is a mismatch for the content server host-name. If you can give some background on what are you exporting/importing and the steps you have followed it would help.

ashasupriya
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Anand,

Yes, I am trying to export the package (.spk) that contains SAS report 2G
and SAS report images from test to dev environment. So, I can import this
package in Dev as both have the same folder structures. This problem is on
Office analytics servers. I have loaded the tables using autoload.

When I opened the SAS management console on visual analytics server, I was
able to successfully export/import the packages.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @ashasupriya ,

indeed the first message indicated that you had to install the public logical types in the SAS Metadata server. Have you reconfigured (SAS Deployment Manager) after that? Some components, such as the SAS metadata server, need to pick up the new types.

The second and current error points us to an underlying issue with your SAS Content Server. Is the SAS Mid-tier up and validated through SAS Management Console?

This guide might give you a good hand: https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/sas-9-4-content-server-troubleshooter.pdf

ashasupriya
Obsidian | Level 7

Here is my overview and findings on the content mapping and export/import SAS package errors.

Error : Content mapping was unable to connect to host.

Action Taken: I was able to successfully validate the SAS content server after adding certificates to the trusted CA bundle on my desktop. I was able to export/Import SAS package without any issues.
The cause of the issue was the client machine's trusted CA bundle did not have the server certificates. Whenever the SSL certificates are updated /renewed on midtier, you need to add the new certificates using SAS Deployment Manager to the trusted CA bundle on the client machine.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Very glad to hear the problem is resolved!

Indeed! Many people forget that, when you have SSL (HTTPS) in the web applications, any client connecting to that SAS server should import the certificates in the certificate stores, in order to handshake.

Thanks a lot for sharing your update.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation