BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

I've just installed the new SAS EG 7.1 on Windows 8.1 machine. According SAS documentation, SAS EG 7.1 is compatible with 9.2. Installation proccess completed sucessfully, without any error. In the same machine, in other location, I've already had installed SAS EG 4.3.

SAS EG 4.3 works fine and connect sucessfully to my SAS server (is on Hp-UX and is 9.2 version). When I tried to connect usign SAS EG 7.1 the following message appears:

Unable to connect to metadata server

Unable to parse the name value "APPLICATIONNAME=SAS%20Enterprise%20Guide"

I understand the APPLICATIONNAME is a new option available only in SAS 9.4. Any suggestion on what is going on and how resolve this issue? I tried in two differents manchine and the same error occurs. 

Regards, 

Error.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
10 REPLIES 10
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi all,

I installed the hotfix mentioned but the same error continues. I tried to install again the hotfix but receive a message sayings is already installed. So, I assume the hotfix was applied correctly. 

Any idea?

SAS EG Error1.png
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

One question, the hotfix is for the client machine or server machine? if it's for the server machine, after apply the hotfix, the server needs to restart?

Regards,

alexal
SAS Employee

@MariaD,

The hotfix is for the server machine. All currently active SAS sessions, daemons, spawners and servers must be terminated before applying this hotfix.

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

@AlexAle

As per hotfix manual, before install the hotfix is necessary to verify is Base SAS 9.21_M3 is installed. For that, I ran ViewRegistry Report. The results was:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Host: h6i
Product: base
Version: 9.21
Display Name: Base SAS
Display Version: 9.21_M3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After confirming the SAS version, I proceeded with hotfix installation but the following error appear:

The mantenance package you are trying to install requiers mantenance version 3.

Any suggestion why this error appears if 9.21_M3 is installed? 

Thanks,

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

it looks like you have TS1 installed, but TS2 is required. See

http://support.sas.com/kb/51/162.html

When you start BASE SAS, the log file shows the exact version. Could you please check?

Thanks

Anja

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

@anja,

Thanks for your answer. When run proc options appears it's TS2M. See below:

SAS (r) Proprietary Software Release 9.2  TS2M

Any idea?

anja
SAS Employee

Hi

at this point, I'd recommend to contact Tech Support.

Best

Anja

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks, I've just send all the details to Technical Support.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation