BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Prakash_Cog
Fluorite | Level 6

Dears,

We have Deployed SAS 9.4 M5 Grid solution in Linux (RHEL 7.7) recently.

The Locale = en_US and encoding = latin1 are set accordingly as per .cfg file. 

In one of the business user meeting, they have requested us to also enable Japanese language compatibility, so that SAS EG, SAS Studio can support both the languages.

Please do let us know the steps and procedures to make SAS EG and Studio compatible for both the languages.

Thanks,

Prakash. V

2 REPLIES 2
yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

I would start with adding UTF-8 support, e.g. encoding option set to utf8 in .cfg file or probably better by setting up SAS to run on sas_u8 binary,

Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

ehbales
SAS Employee

The Japanese legacy encoding would support English. That requires use of the K functions, longer character columns and extra length for the SAS formats. The same type of SAS code changes have to be made for UTF-8. If you ever need to support an additional language, you would have to update the code again to use UTF-8. I also recommend that route.

The CVP engine can help you pad the character columns on existing SAS data sets. Here are links to some SAS Global Forum papers that provide additional information about making the necessary modification:

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation