BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vinpres
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi to all

since few days I'm not be able to connect to Process Manager from Flow Manager client.

I get the error in the following image.

Until few days ago all worked fine and I was able to connect to process manager but now I have connection problem as shows the following image

On server machine I have already restarted all process egosc, vemkd, mbschd, and jfd, but I get always the same error

Please, can anyone help me?

thanks in advance

vinpres_0-1607693390158.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidHD
SAS Employee

The log seems to indicate that Process Manager is stuck in a boot loop.
I'm not really sure what might cause such a thing, but here are a few things you should check:
- are the ports open and free (maybe somebody added new firewall rules or new software is using the ports needed by Process Manager)
- is your license for Process Manager up to date

If non of these things help you with finding a solution I'd suggest getting in touch with SAS Support directly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DavidHD
SAS Employee

Hey @vinpres ,

sounds like Process Manager isn't running. Can you verify that?

If it isn't restart Process Manager:

1. Log on to the Process Manager Server as root.
2. Set your environment.
  On csh or tcsh:
   source JS_TOP/conf/cshrc.js
 On sh, ksh or bash:
 . JS_TOP/conf/profile.js
3. Run jadmin to restart the Process Manager Server:
  jadmin stop
  jadmin start

Taken from https://support.sas.com/rnd/scalability/platform/PSS8.1/pm9.1_admin.pdf (Control the Process Manager Server)

My explanation assumes that your server is a Unix machine, if it isn't just take a look at the documentation under Start and stop the Server on Windows

Kind Regards,

David

vinpres
Fluorite | Level 6

hi @DavidHD 

Yes, my server machine is Unix SO.

I have already restarted process manager server with jadmin stop/start but I get always the same error:Error Communicating with Daemon: Invalid response - Error Communicating with Daemon

If it could be useful I attach the log of jfd process.

Thanks.

DavidHD
SAS Employee

The log seems to indicate that Process Manager is stuck in a boot loop.
I'm not really sure what might cause such a thing, but here are a few things you should check:
- are the ports open and free (maybe somebody added new firewall rules or new software is using the ports needed by Process Manager)
- is your license for Process Manager up to date

If non of these things help you with finding a solution I'd suggest getting in touch with SAS Support directly.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation