BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tommy81
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi ,

I would like to know if its possible to EDIT / UPDATE the Oracle Service name PATH= , via SAS SMC. 

We need to update this name for the libnames to work in EG. Thanks in advance.

Path
NEWSERVER10G (This value is contained in the tnsnames.ora file generated during the Oracle installation. The file is stored in an Oracle installation directory such as /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/network/admin/tnsnames.ora. The alias for the connection information is contained in this file. See the following figure.)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
That's not the connection object, that's the server object. Left click on the server object called "AMLSS_Oracle_Dev" in your "Server Manager" plugin. Then on the RIGHT-hand side you should see an object called "Connection: AMLSS_Oracle_Dev". You can see it the image you posted earlier. You need to view the properties of this object.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

you would have to modify the properties of the oracle server that are defined in SASMC and associated with the oracle lib.

(In Server Manager, right click on serv, properties, path info ...)

Thanks

Anja

tommy81
Obsidian | Level 7

Unfortunatley i`m unable to see the Path Info Edit option.

SMC.JPG

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

the indication by @anja is fully correct. In case you need some help with it, please find:

the full description here: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bidsag/61236/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a002668269.htm

and a good discussion about the solved question here: https://communities.sas.com/t5/General-SAS-Programming/ORACLE-connection-error/td-p/201064

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I think there might have been some confusion on this.

Tommy, it sounds like you want to change the name of the datasource being referenced in the "path=" option of your Oracle libary.

From my understanding, the PATH has to equal to one of the defined entries on the tnsnames.ora file.  SAS MC is merely creating metadata objects and definitions that point to the configuration files on your server.  You will have to actually update the tnsnames.ora file.  Then you can update your definitions/paths in metadata (or on the libname statement).

tommy81
Obsidian | Level 7

I agree that the paths in TNS file has to match the one defined for the Oracle library. Here I`ve changed the Service name in the tns files.  

I now need to know how to chnage the path= in SAS MC. Is there an utility i need to run to  sync TNS Service name and sas mc service name (PATH=) .

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Can you expand server manager and the relevant server definition and send a screenshot? It may depend on your setup.

In mine I have an "oracle" server definition and then separate "connections" under that. I used those unsocial connections to point to the separate paths defined in my tnsnames file.
tommy81
Obsidian | Level 7

Here you go.. IS there something that needs to be installed to ge the details under the Oracle server ?

SMC.JPG

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

No, you shouldn't need anything else installed.  Right-click on the connection object in the right-hand pane called "Connection: AMLSS_Oracle_Dev" and view properties.  On the properties window that pops up, click on the "Options" tab.  The very first box labeled "Path" is where change the PATH.

I'm including an example screenshot.

Capture.PNG
tommy81
Obsidian | Level 7

This is how my screen looks like.The version is SAS 9.2 SMC.JPG

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
That's not the connection object, that's the server object. Left click on the server object called "AMLSS_Oracle_Dev" in your "Server Manager" plugin. Then on the RIGHT-hand side you should see an object called "Connection: AMLSS_Oracle_Dev". You can see it the image you posted earlier. You need to view the properties of this object.
tommy81
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes got it .Thankyou. SMC 9.2 is really not organized well .

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

just to make sure we are on the right track:

You changed the ORA path in your tsn file, looking like (Example. If you don't see a screenshot, pls see attachment):

[untitled graphic]

Next, you went to SASMC, Server Manager, Ora Server, right click, properties, path info. Just verifying: nothing in there?

I can see that you have multiple Ora server defined, are you looking at the correct one?

If you go to EG or BASE SAS, can you submit a libname statement to that Ora server?

I am hoping that - should there be any problem - we could get an error message.

Do you have any errors on the Ora side? Maybe an authorization problem?

Just throwing out some thoughts here.

Thanks

Anja 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation