BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this in their SAS/ACCESS Interface to JDBC?

Trying to submit the following JDBC engine Libname statement

libname x JDBC driverclass="org.duckdb.DuckDBDriver" URL="jdbc:duckdb::memory:" classpath="/tmp/duckdb_jdbc-0.10.0.jar";

and getting this Error

ERROR: Error retrieving DatabaseMetaData: java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: getTypeInfo
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Note: According to their Web site, "DuckDB’s JDBC API implements the main parts of the standard Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) API, version 4.1"

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I can find no reference to DuckDB and JDBC on the SAS Support site, nor the error encountered. I'd suggest tracking to Tech Support and posting the response here.

AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @SASKiwi 

That's exactly what I did. I have an active SAS Tech Support Track and, I opened an issue in the DuckDB's GitHub repo.

I posted to the forum to see if anyone has experienced similar issue with other ODBC/JDBC drivers and while using the SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC/JDBC

Thanks

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation