BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SimonMcGrother
SAS Employee

You might have noticed that in SAS Viya 3.4, SAS provided a combined PDF of the SAS Viya Admin guide, but that we stopped doing so for SAS Viya 3.5. On this page you can see the link to the PDF, and here's the direct link to the 3.4 version.

We recognize that, while we are promoting the benefits of using the SAS Help Center admin guide, many people still like the portability and printability of a PDF.

As our documentation has become more dynamic and more readily updated it has become a real problem to maintain and update that combined PDF. So for the 3.5 we're offering a different route to a PDF experience.

All the PDFs that make up the Viya 3.5 admin guide are available on this page:

https://documentation.sas.com/download?softwareId=administration&softwareVersion=3.5

From this page, you can select the chapters that you are interested in and download them as a zip file. Extract them to a folder and you can use standard PDF viewers to search across the files and find the topics of interest. 

Please note, when you download you will have the latest information. But these PDFs are frequently updated and you should regularly refresh your downloads to stay up to date.

Also, note that you cannot manipulate these files (edit or merge) as they are locked and password protected. I'm talking to SAS' legal team to see if we can lift that restriction, as I'm sure that you'd like to combine PDFs into aggregate books that meet your needs. I'll post again when I have an update.

I really hope you get some value out of this function. I would love to hear any feedback.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 in conversation