BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AhmedAl_Attar
Ammonite | Level 13

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this in their SAS/ACCESS Interface to JDBC?

Trying to submit the following JDBC engine Libname statement

libname x JDBC driverclass="org.duckdb.DuckDBDriver" URL="jdbc:duckdb::memory:" classpath="/tmp/duckdb_jdbc-0.10.0.jar";

and getting this Error

ERROR: Error retrieving DatabaseMetaData: java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: getTypeInfo
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Note: According to their Web site, "DuckDB’s JDBC API implements the main parts of the standard Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) API, version 4.1"

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I can find no reference to DuckDB and JDBC on the SAS Support site, nor the error encountered. I'd suggest tracking to Tech Support and posting the response here.

AhmedAl_Attar
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @SASKiwi 

That's exactly what I did. I have an active SAS Tech Support Track and, I opened an issue in the DuckDB's GitHub repo.

I posted to the forum to see if anyone has experienced similar issue with other ODBC/JDBC drivers and while using the SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC/JDBC

Thanks

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation