BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
turcay
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Are there any documents or pdf in English to explain how to create a track on support.sas.com for customers  ?

Thank you ?

8 REPLIES 8
turcay
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you Jag. So i understand there aren't any document relevant to create a Track.Just link , i guess ?

Reeza
Super User

What type of information are you looking for? What would you expect to find in such a document?

turcay
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I have a pdf written in Turkish which explains step-to-step with screenshoot, so i want to find same in English.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Since the information included in the SAS support websites (not only those in English, I know that I had no problem using the German one at all when I first used it) is quite comprehensive (and sufficient for the type of person that will use SAS), I guess you won't find a step-by-step guide in English, as it is not necessary. If you really think there is a need for it within your organization, you're best off with translating your Turkish guide.

turcay
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I've already knew that I could translate it myself. I've just wondered whether there are any document. Thank you for your help.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

SAS TechSupport will appreciate if you send them all the information required to investigate the issue. When raising a track via the Web Interface - "Jag@SAS" provided the links - then you're "forced" to provide some of the necessary information already.

Once you've raised a track you will get an automatic confirmation email back which looks as below - and provides some further instructions on what information is required. What else do you need?

In the end: You're the customer so if you don't get it perfect the first time then SAS TechSupport will request the additional information in a very friendly and supportive way.

And here for illustration purposes the automatic email reply I've got the last time:

Thank you for contacting SAS Technical Support, we have assigned tracking number <number>for your query.

To ensure a timely resolution, please send relevant items from the following checklist:

Complete SAS log

Sample data  

Screen snapshots

SAS version and Operating System

Phone number

To send us any additional information on this query, simply reply to this email and include the updates. The Tracking Number in the above subject line must be included EXACTLY as shown. Please feel free to visit our self-help website links below for further information.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation