BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

For a Viya 3.5 deployment on Windows I configured the Identities Service LDAP connection to use port 636 (ldaps). It doesn't work, the identities log shows:

Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); remaining name 'DC=example,DC=org'

On the internet I find that the solution to this problem is to use port 3269 instead. I did that for other deployments and it usually works, except that this specific customer doesn't expose port 3269. Is there a way to get this to work with port 636?

- Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
This SAS Note discusses other options, like the "follow referrals" setting:

Problem Note 61467: SAS® Identities service returns the "...Unprocessed Continuation Reference..." message
https://support.sas.com/kb/61/467.html
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
This SAS Note discusses other options, like the "follow referrals" setting:

Problem Note 61467: SAS® Identities service returns the "...Unprocessed Continuation Reference..." message
https://support.sas.com/kb/61/467.html
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks, both the followRefrerrals option as narrowing the baseDN fix the problem for me.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation