BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I'm using Decision Manager(DM) 14.2 for scheduling job. In SAS MC when I right click on the job, in advanced properties, the address for SAS Batch server is: JES Java Batch Server.

• Where and how should I change it that the address permanently to be SAS DATA Step Batch Server? It should be done on server side? (We have Active Directory structure in our system) 
  • Or is there anything else that should be configured on server or DM to be able to schedule jobs?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Riana

Looks like you are directly scheduling the job/Flow from the SAS Solution & only validating it via the Schedule Manager plug In in SMC.
Some applications use by default the scheduling server apt to the application. For example DI Studio by default uses the Data step batch server. Any reason why you wish to change the default server to data step batch server?

For #2, You can schedule jobs multiple ways using schedule manager plugin in SMC, If you have Platform process manager installed then you can use that, or else you can use operating system scheduler (Windows Task Manager/ atd, Cron) to acheive this. Most enterprise systems need admin permission to schedule using OS Services. So if you are using that, Kindly check on that.

Hope this helps.

Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

No, not any special reason 🙂

But what should be done if I want to be able to schedule jobs via Scheduling Manager in SMC and in Decision Manager? Or is it possible to do this?

Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

I would appreciate if someone answer this question. Thanks.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation