BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChandanKSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I want to know the data source (Tables/Datasets) for the Availability Dashboard inside SAS Environment Manager in SAS Viya 3.5 as want to write some custom program using these datasets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

Unlike the reports available from the SAS Environment Manager dashboard, the availability grid itself (i.e., the matrix of traffic lit boxes for the machines, services, and instances in your environment) is not based on a data table you can query.  However, you can get the same (actually better in some ways) information programmatically using the sas-admin healthcheck CLI.  See more information in the SAS Viya 3.5 Administration: Monitoring guide here.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

ChandanKSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks @Mark_sas for your reply, actually I am new in Viya and want to get an alert email whenever any sas services will be stopped on Viya server. any leads for this? 

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

This is something you could do at the host level. For example a shell script that checks service status and sends an email if any are down scheduled in cron, or alert from systemd on Linux. 

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation