BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RamReddy_820
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I am having a weird issue in Schedule Manager. When I try to expand to see my jobs scheduled it throws an error "143 > =71" and becomes unresponsive.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. We are having the same set up in other environments and they seem to be working fine.

I looked at the schedule manager logs and I couldn't find an issue.

Thanks,

ram

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If it is only your PC having this problem then I'd suggest reinstalling SMC to see if that fixes it.

RamReddy_820
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your reply.

Our SAS tools are hosted on Citrix Servers. All the users are facing the same issue.

When we expand the schedule manager the whole session becomes unresponsive, we have to close the SMC and open it again.

Thank you,

ram

SASKiwi
PROC Star

OK, then it sounds like a Citrix-specific problem. When did this start happening? Were there any changes made to your Citrix environment around the same time?

Do you have SMC installed on a non-Citrix computer anywhere and is it working OK? It is installed on your SAS metadata server as part of the SAS server install.

RamReddy_820
Calcite | Level 5

We had some of our jobs scheduled in the Test environment where the issue is currently. We moved all of them to PROD in Jul'19. Now we are trying to schedule some jobs in Test, that is when we noticed this issue. so I am not sure when this happened may be some time between July and now.

No changes were made to the Citrix environment.

No Our servers are sensitive, hence there is no non-Citrix computer which has SMC installed.

Yes, I checked the Metadata logs and couldn't find anything on Metadata server.

Thank you,

ram

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If SMC is running OK in your Prod environment but not in your Dev environment then something must be different between the two.

I suggest you raise a Tech Support track for this as further diagnosing is required to find a solution. 

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Can you try enabling debug logs for SMC and see if you can see what's causing the issue? https://support.sas.com/kb/43/157.html
RamReddy_820
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your reply.

I did this step already. But our SASMCErrorLog.txt has not been updated from 2015. I assume there is no error hence it is not getting updated.

Please advise.

Thanks,

ram

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Have you checked both the locations?
- C:\Users\your-user-ID\AppData\Roaming\SAS\SASManagementConsole\9.x\
- C:\Documents and Settings\user-ID\Application Data\SAS\SASManagementConsole\9.x\

You can also check below one if they exist.
- C:\Users\your-user-ID\AppData\Local\SAS\SASManagementConsole\9.x\

Is there is a possibility you can launch SMC from Server itself? If Yes, can you try the debug option there? Since there is citrix involved here I am really not sure on what all access is restricted at your site.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation