BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Dear All,

We have migrated sas 9.3 Unix to 9.4 window env. we would like to audit the roles of all the 500+ users of both the environment in sas management console.

Just want to check is there any automated way to compare the roles of both the environment?

1 REPLY 1
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @japsas100 ,

If you are familiar with the SAS metadata API's you could write some code to compare the roles of both environments. Alternatively, Metacoda provides a commercial plug-in to SAS Management Console to enable SAS administrators to compare SAS environments using the Metacoda Metadata Testing Framework. I presented this at a SAS User Group for Administrators (SUGA) webinar a couple of years ago. Have a look at the SAS Security Design Best Practices, Validation and Monitoring SUGA meeting presentation as you there are also some great best practice tips shared by Angie Hedberg too.

Below is a slide from the presentation that shows with Metacoda software, administrators have the ability to export test xml scripts on users/groups/roles/capabilities/acts etc from one environment and test it against other environment(s). This is helpful for upgrades and also for comparing between levels (dev,test,prod) to ensure the SAS metadata security design is consistent and as expected. These tests can be done interactively or automated as batch tests jobs.

metacoda-metadata-security-testing.png

If you are interested in looking at using Metacoda Security Plug-ins (with the Role Reviewer), please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation