BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tommy81
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I need to clone the SAS mId Tier in another Server for testing purposes.Can you please let me know where all
the new Server/ IP related changes has to be made .

We do not intend to reinstall , just to clone to create a new environment.

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

should I understand that "clone" as Virtual Machine clone?

If that is the case, and considering this is just temporal, just for testing:

-  is your middle tier is on a very separated VM server from the SAS compute and SAS Meta (meaning, no other effect than changing location of Middle tier)

- do you have single sign on on the web, or HTTPS/SSL on the web (meaning, no certificates)

If the answers are 1: yes, 2: no, then you could try to:

- of course, first a good backup/snapshot.

- stop all the SAS services on all the servers.

- do the clone

- then modify the host files on both servers, in order to "simulate" the dns resolving. Be careful with the ips and multicast addresses that might be stored on configuration files...

- start the SAS services again on the original SAS Metadata and Compute server, and in the cloned Middle tier. 

Note: for the long run, please consider a complete re-deployment, even more than change hostnames. It would save you from lots of hear-attacks during server updates and maintenances.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation