BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tommy81
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I need to clone the SAS mId Tier in another Server for testing purposes.Can you please let me know where all
the new Server/ IP related changes has to be made .

We do not intend to reinstall , just to clone to create a new environment.

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

should I understand that "clone" as Virtual Machine clone?

If that is the case, and considering this is just temporal, just for testing:

-  is your middle tier is on a very separated VM server from the SAS compute and SAS Meta (meaning, no other effect than changing location of Middle tier)

- do you have single sign on on the web, or HTTPS/SSL on the web (meaning, no certificates)

If the answers are 1: yes, 2: no, then you could try to:

- of course, first a good backup/snapshot.

- stop all the SAS services on all the servers.

- do the clone

- then modify the host files on both servers, in order to "simulate" the dns resolving. Be careful with the ips and multicast addresses that might be stored on configuration files...

- start the SAS services again on the original SAS Metadata and Compute server, and in the cloned Middle tier. 

Note: for the long run, please consider a complete re-deployment, even more than change hostnames. It would save you from lots of hear-attacks during server updates and maintenances.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation