I need to clone the SAS mId Tier in another Server for testing purposes.Can you please let me know where allthe new Server/ IP related changes has to be made .
We do not intend to reinstall , just to clone to create a new environment.
Check out this post which contains a link about changing hostnames:
should I understand that "clone" as Virtual Machine clone?
If that is the case, and considering this is just temporal, just for testing:
- is your middle tier is on a very separated VM server from the SAS compute and SAS Meta (meaning, no other effect than changing location of Middle tier)
- do you have single sign on on the web, or HTTPS/SSL on the web (meaning, no certificates)
If the answers are 1: yes, 2: no, then you could try to:
- of course, first a good backup/snapshot.
- stop all the SAS services on all the servers.
- do the clone
- then modify the host files on both servers, in order to "simulate" the dns resolving. Be careful with the ips and multicast addresses that might be stored on configuration files...
- start the SAS services again on the original SAS Metadata and Compute server, and in the cloned Middle tier.
Note: for the long run, please consider a complete re-deployment, even more than change hostnames. It would save you from lots of hear-attacks during server updates and maintenances.
The SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment.
Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.
Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.