BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JohnJPS
Quartz | Level 8

We have an issue where, when going to create a new project in Enterprise Miner, it just hangs for a long time (15 minutes+) and then either responds withan error that it lost the connection with the server, or else

"Cannot connect to "SASAppOA - Logical Workspace Server". Make sure the Workspace Server is running and accessible."

So, we can get into Miner and I'm pretty certain that the workspace is available because we have Contextual Analysis running on the same server and users are accessing that without issue via the thin client web interface.  I've verified (or I believe I have, at least) that users have the proper permissions to use EG also.

Has anyone seen and worked around this error?  Any tips would be much appreicated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Of course one of the differences about an admin (a member of the SAS Administrators group) is that they have lots of permissions. If you get past the workspace server launching issue then you may find the following SAS notes interesting with regard to EM troubleshooting and project permissions requirements:

1. SAS Problem Note 58799: Diagnosing and resolving SAS® Enterprise Miner(tm) project creation errors
  2. SAS Usage Note 59677: How to share existing SAS® Enterprise Miner(tm) projects among multiple users
  3. SAS Usage Note 44514: Setting the default SAS® Management Console storage folder in SAS® Enterprise ...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Not being able to connect to the SASAppOA - Logical Workspace Server sounds very similar to the issue you had in Validating SASAppOA in SAS Management Console - How long should this take? Were you able to resolve that issue and if so what was the resolution? That may help in understanding the issue here.

With regards to Contextual Analysis working, are you sure that it is using the same SASAppOA - Logical Workspace Server and not another workspace server, such as SASApp - Logical Workspace Server?

JohnJPS
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Paul, thanks for your response. I'm hoping it is similar. For this one, we may be onto something: we found one admin who *can* create a project... just need to investigate what's special about him. The other issue remains unresolved, but perhaps our discovery will help in both areas.
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Of course one of the differences about an admin (a member of the SAS Administrators group) is that they have lots of permissions. If you get past the workspace server launching issue then you may find the following SAS notes interesting with regard to EM troubleshooting and project permissions requirements:

1. SAS Problem Note 58799: Diagnosing and resolving SAS® Enterprise Miner(tm) project creation errors
  2. SAS Usage Note 59677: How to share existing SAS® Enterprise Miner(tm) projects among multiple users
  3. SAS Usage Note 44514: Setting the default SAS® Management Console storage folder in SAS® Enterprise ...
JohnJPS
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks again, Paul. While running through a lot of scenarios, the solution was resolved. Sadly we didn't pinpoint with precision which specific change that cured it; but given your starting point, the situation has been resolved... (including my other post that you referenced.) Thanks!
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Good to hear you have it resolved.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation