BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

My IT persons asks if SAS 94M5 can be configured to let service accounts like sassrv use something called Windows Group Managed Service Accounts. Is this possible? If so, how?

Regards,

Bart

6 REPLIES 6
juliesimo
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I had an issue last Thursday getting the following message 'the sassrv user name or password is incorrect”.  The server is Microsoft Server 2012 R2 and the user sassrv is a domain windows account.The issue was not resolved and we restored the full image backup plus the SAS Content backup in order to have an effective environment.Furthermore, we don't know if we will oppose the same issue in the future.

JohnB
SAS Employee

bheinsius,

It looks like a sassrv Group Managed Service Accounts is possible. I haven't tried this yet but seeing these accounts can run batch processes I don't see why they wouldn't work. I've requested an environment to test this scenario.

The account would still need the privileges defined in Launch Credentials 

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@JohnB did you had the chance to test managed service accounts as sassrv?

ashasupriya
Obsidian | Level 7

In my organization, we are planning on getting gMSA accounts for running scheduled tasks & services. The passwords for group-managed service accounts are managed by Active Directory and the password will automatically reset every 90 days.

Has anyone tried configuring sassrv to use a Windows Group Managed Service Account if so please share your experience. Thank you!

Regards,

Asha

JohnB
SAS Employee

Unfotateunly SAS 9.4 is not designed to work with gMSA' and is not supported.

ashasupriya
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for the quick response!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation