BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Systems team were on to me there and the Apache Ambari environment still has default credentials enabled in our environment. We think it was installed as a component of HDFS/Hadoop (distributed VA) but unsure what it's used for.

Anyone know what Ambari is used for in SAS and if we changed the default credentials, do we need to update any config files anywhere to keep it working?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Ambari is the user interface for HDP cluster. It could be that your SAS environment is co-located with HDP cluster. Default login is admin/admin.

titan31
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,

So if I change the admin/admin login for security reasons, is there anyway in config files that needs to change to, or is it just one change, and that's it?
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
I am not much into hadoop administration but I believe Ambari is the UI to administer your hadoop services. I am not aware if any config files needs to be updated. However I believe you can change the password using UI. Here is the link with instructions: https://docs.cloudera.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.6.2.2/bk_ambari-administration/content/changing_the_...

If you are worried that you have to update passwords at multiple place, I would suggest to check with hadoop admin folks.
doug_sas
SAS Employee

When SAS Deployment Wizard runs, it asks for the Ambari admin password to be able to get information about your deployment so it can configure SAS to work with your Hadoop cluster properly. That password is not saved after the configuration is run so you should be able to change the Ambari admin password without affecting your SAS deployment.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation