BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kc
Quartz | Level 8 kc
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I get a warning in SAS saying "WARNING: Scaling the covariance is not available for zero-inflated models." when I use the scale=d option in the model statement of proc genmod.

Any idea of how to handle overdispersion if scale option isn't available for these models? Using some other procedures to run a zip or zinb models, perhaps?

Ideas welcome - thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I had two ideas, but neither worked. First I thought to use PSCALE and use Pearson scaling rather than deviance scaling.  Then I tried calculating the deviance scale by hand, and feeding that in as a fixed scale.  Both gave the error you reported.

I am left with trying a mixture of two negative binomials or Poisson using PROC FMM.  There is an example for handling an overdispersed Poisson as a mixture of two binomial series here .  Perhaps this could be adapted for your use.

SteveDenham

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I had two ideas, but neither worked. First I thought to use PSCALE and use Pearson scaling rather than deviance scaling.  Then I tried calculating the deviance scale by hand, and feeding that in as a fixed scale.  Both gave the error you reported.

I am left with trying a mixture of two negative binomials or Poisson using PROC FMM.  There is an example for handling an overdispersed Poisson as a mixture of two binomial series here .  Perhaps this could be adapted for your use.

SteveDenham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation